I feel like by calling them goals instead of resolutions they are more attainable. It is almost as if we call something a resolution we are adding another hurdle while calling them goals takes one away. Who knows, maybe that is just my thinking…
Anyway, my 2012 goals are…
- Run 365 miles. By giving this goal an actual value I am ensuring more of a success than if I had just said, run more.
- Pay off my credit card and make a dent in my student loan payments.
- Blog more. Now, I know I am not giving this one a numerical value like I did with running but I feel like since starting the job I have not been blogging as much and I want to change that. I need to find a system and stick with it.
- Find a good balance. As I mentioned above, going from lots of part time jobs to a full time job plays with how you handle your life and how you find a balance for it. I am still working on this one.
- Do at least one creative thing each week. It is amazing how when I find the time to make things I can relax more.
- Live with more intention, or purpose. I don’t like to just drift through things, day by day. How boring is that?
- Play outside
- Spend less, Give more
- Spend time with God each and every day. Real meaningful time, not just quickly reading a devotional or quick prayer time.
- Read one book a month. Reading is so important and how often I toss it aside because something else calls my attention.
- Find adventure.
Now I realize some of these are not numerical at all and cannot really be tracked but by writing them down I am stating that they are things I want to work on. Some of them are not things that can even be counted or categorized and that is okay with me.